WORK ORDER - Public Works Department
APPLICATION FOR UTILITY FACILITIES OR RELOCATION REQUIREMENTS (coming soon)
PUBLIC RIGHT-OF-WAY ORDINANCE (coming soon)
Sewer / Garbage Billing
CONTACT US - Secure Contact Form for the City of Orange Beach
- Public Works is comprised of the Water Reclamation Facility and the Street Department. Both have integral functions within the City of Orange Beach and are key figures during disaster recovery.
OTHER IMPORTANT NUMBERS:
- Sewer: Tel: 251 974 5617 Fax: 251 974 5328
- Garbage: Tel: 251 981 6096 Fax: 251 981 2551
- Street: Tel: 251 974 5681 Fax: 251 974 5328
- Orange Beach Water Authority: Tel: 251 981 4233 Fax: 251 981 9157
The purpose of the Street Department is to maintain all streets and rights of way in the city. This includes mowing of rights of way, maintenance of drainage ditches along streets, and daily trash pick up along the city streets. Also picked up daily are limbs, leaves and pine straw set along side the road by residents cleaning their yards. This department also maintains all vehicles and equipment for the city.
Street Department - Accomplishments
- In the past years several miles of streets have been paved, and the remainder of dirt roads are being prepared for pavement in the next few months. The first bike path installed was approximately 1.5 miles in length.
- The city has upgraded a large amount of equipment in this department, including shop equipment, which has improved the productivity of the department.
- The department has started some landscaping which, if expanded, will beautify the city streets and public areas. Completion of bike paths throughout the city.